1. Kefir smoothies - easy enough, add bananas, tons of greens, strawberries, kefir, coconut milk, flax oil and tons of other yummy stuff, blend until smooth and drink.
2. Salad dressings - this one is my husband's favorite - kefir, horseradish, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, fresh squeezed lemon, and Parmesan cheese, stir and serve. No measurements, just to taste.
3. Soaked grains - a tablespoon of kefir to a large sauce pan of grains, steel cut oats, amaranth, brown rice, buckwheat, millet, anything that would be for breakfast cereal.
4. Soaked flour - a tablespoon of kefir for tortillas and pizza dough
5. Pancakes, waffles, rice cakes,- any recipe that calls for buttermilk or even regular milk I try to use kefir
6. kefir cottage cheese - if left a little longer, the kefir will turn to cheese, strain and serve with fresh fruit (a touch of honey for sensitive tongues)
7. homemade yogurt - I use kefir, strawberries, pine nuts, squeezed lemons to make a blender yogurt - my sensitive taste buds in the house love it!
I credit a lot of my running stamina to the addition of healthy foods, and kefir is a big addition, to our diet. We are able to fight colds better. I even went on a long 10 miler on Sunday after having a yucky cold. I felt great, when a year ago I could not have even attempted that. It was a big stretch for me to culture kefir as I am not good at keeping anything going long term (house plants die quick) but this was so easy even I could manage it. Any one need kefir grains? I'm happy to help you get started!