Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dear Post-Marathon Mush

(Warning: This my own letter to my own mushiness, you may not want to read it.)

Dear Post-Marathon Mush,

I am very embarrassed that you've become so attached to me, you pesky extra pounds you! When I am running an insane number of miles, while naturally feeding my young son, I can eat everything in sight without worrying about you sneaking up on me. However, since eating is such a hard habit to change, when I slowed down, you caught up! So this is your eviction notice.  You are unwelcome, you mushiness where muscle used to dwell. You've got to go - no more mush for me!

Your sweet poetic demise is that you will be happily strewn upon mile after lonely, cold country mile like wilted wild flowers.

Your former home,
Elizabeth

PS - I am running towards a marathon again!

No comments:

Post a Comment