Friday, November 13, 2009

Running: My 1st 5K after Ethan's birth

My first 5K race is tomorrow at the United Way race at the fairgrounds. I have prepared for this one for months - Ethan is 5 1/2 months old. I run on Saturdays and Sundays when Kurt can keep the children. Then I cross train the rest of the time with a MTV power yoga video and an exercise bike. No family or babysitters to help at the moment (for a variety of good reasons).

My goal for tomorrow is to run it faster than I did 12 weeks pregnant last year. My time was 26:25 minutes. We'll see.

But my real joy will be to see my daughter and son race. Nathan will race for the first time at age 3 in the children's fun run after the 5K. He is intent on beating his sister, Andrea age 5. We just got in from practicing in the back alley. Run all the way through to the finish line, I tell them. Just like in the book of Hebrews, throw off everything that hinders and run the race set before us....

1 comment: