Saturday, April 17, 2010

Encouragement for the Long Road




Sometimes it is a long road. This morning, at 7:15 am, every road felt long. We had a normal night of meeting needs with my younger two and I was tired. However, I know that these opportunities to run the morning are precious and it is by far my favorite way to pray.

I am reminded that the Psalms describe God as,

"He alone is my rock, and my salvation;
He is my fortress,
I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:2

From years of running and parenting, I have found this truth. I know beyond a doubt that after all my strength is gone, I will find my Savior there. He is my source of strength. And He has more. Always much, much more. What an incredible promise! He is my rock that I can always count on even on the long roads, when I am alone...tired....completely spent. Mile 20 of the marathon. Mile 2 of this morning's 5 mile run. I have been running alone for a long time, but I realized this morning how I have always run loved. It makes a difference knowing that I am no longer one who is forsaken; I run differently because I know I am loved.

So for my dear ones who are tired, know who is your Rock. You are loved. Even when all your strength is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment