Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Once I was a writer....

Once I was a writer, a long time ago. My writing resume wasn't bad;I wrote three poetry books in college. One received an award and a poem was published in an anthology upstairs. I'm proudest when I read it to my daughter. She is writing her own stories now. She has almost filled a 100 page notebook with "The adventures of Pharaoh and Pharaoh's Sister." She's five. It's a pretty funny story actually with great illustrations - watch out New York Time's best seller list. Mine poetry never was quite that good or that funny.

It seems a life time ago but also just yesterday. Amazing how things come around again.

So now I am writing poetry again, a little, but it is still important. So the following posts will be poetry. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment