Sunday, July 11, 2010

Almond Mayonoise (No eggs or dairy)

I have had tons of requests for the this receipe. It is adapted from Serene Allison's Rejuvenate Your Life cookbook, available from Aboverubies.org.
I used her receiped but this is what I can up with in my own kitchen:

1 cup soak or raw almonds
1 cup purified water
1 clove of garlic (small)
1 lemon (took out seeds and skin and dumped it in pieces into food processor)

Blend until smooth in blender or food processor.
Then add 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil a little at a time until smooth. Refrigerate.

You can add extra spices as your taste desires. We really like it on tuna, or for dipping veggies.

We cook mostly from Nourishing Tradition by Sally Fallon, The Body Ecology by Donna Gates, and Suicide by Sugar by Nancy Appleton (she is AGAINST sugar not for it!).


I am always looking for cheaper, healthier receipes for my family with food intolerances. And being runners we eat probably as much as a small third world country, so any one have any other yummy receipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment